Accessibility is neither a last minute fix nor a “nice to have.” It must be intentional, integrated and valued. Here’s a framework for a state of mind.
- Have a clear business case for accessibility
- Plan for accessibility
- Specify the level you want and include it in any contract
- Hold developers, designers and content creators accountable for accessibility
- Work with an accessibility consultant from day 1
- Do some serious disabled user testing before going live
- Welcome, and respond positively to feedback as accessibility is maintained.